- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Serves: 12, Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour ( 7 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar ( 7 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature ( 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Hershey Kisses
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin/cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl of standing mixer. Add butter, sour cream, egg and egg yolks, and vanilla; beat at medium speed until smooth and satiny, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and mix by hand until smooth and no flour pockets remain.
- Place half of batter evenly among cups of prepared tin using 2-ounce ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon. Add Hershey Kiss in center of cupcake and cover with other half of batter. Bake until cupcake tops are pale gold and toothpick or skewer inserted into center comes out clean, 16 to 20 minutes. Use skewer or paring knife to lift cupcakes from tin and transfer to wire rack; cool cupcakes to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
Chocolate Chip Frosting
- 6 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c sugar
- 5 tsp butter
- 1/3 c milk
- In microwave, bring butter, milk and sugar to a boil (around a minute and half). Remove and add chocolate chips and beat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes.