- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin oil
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cracked red pepper flakes
- 6 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano, undrained
- 1/4 c.finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg. 9 oz. refrigerated 3-Cheese tortellini pasta
- 1 1/2 c baby arugula
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Saute,stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened, about 7 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, along with the diced tomatoes and the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Bring to a boil; add tortellini and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook 8-9 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and arugula and allow greens to wilt.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Recipe by Lemon Tree Dwelling at http://www.lemontreedwelling.com