Place these on the table and step back. They will be gone in seconds!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbls butter
- 1¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Optional… add cooked bacon and chives to batter to add flavor
- Combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl,
- Heat milk and butter to 120 degrees in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add milk and butter to dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Stir in cheese and add remain flour ¼ cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch dough down and shape into 14 balls.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover and let rise until doubled in size again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush rolls with egg white.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and serve.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home