As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I am going to locate ways to make your holiday cooking as easy as possible. An Italian Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without some garlic 🙂
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 4 hours on high and 6 hours on low
Total time: 4 hours 5 mins
Serves: 4-5 servings
Learn how to make roasted garlic mashed potatoes in the slow cooker. This recipe is quick and easy and makes the creamiest mashed potatoes that are flavored with fresh herbs right in the crockpot!
- 2 lbs. Red potatoes, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 head roasted garlic (12-15 cloves) (see notes)
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) salted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- Line the inside of a three quart slow cooker with crock pot liner for easy clean up. Add the potatoes, roasted garlic cloves, butter, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Cover and allow the slow cooker to cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on the low setting.
- Add heavy cream to slow cooker. Keep in mind, the heavy cream can be replaced with regular milk but it won’t make the mashed potatoes as creamy and rich. Use a hand mixer to blend the potatoes or a potato masher can be used for a more rustic mashed potato. Careful when blending, mix on the slow speed and don’t let the blades get too close to the base of the crockpot. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with scallions and fold before serving.