My new cupcake obsession continues 🙂 To start the New Year off right, I made this one for everyone and they were gone in a flash. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes recipe:
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Cream butter and sugar together just until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined. Add in vanilla and beat again.
- Combine, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Alternating, add flour and milk, starting and ending with flour, beating just until combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake tins lined with paper liners or lightly greased, to 2/3 full. I use a cookie scoop. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 16-18 minutes, until done. Use a toothpick to test for doneness, inserting in center, if it come out clean with no batter or crumbs, they cupcakes are ready.
- Let cupcakes rest in pan for 20 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Once cool, frost as desired.
NOTES: If you make mini cupcakes, fill baking cups 1/2 full and reduce cooking time to about 12-14 minutes.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
Maraschino Cherry Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp juice from maraschino cherry jar (plus more if needed)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Beat softened butter in a large mixing bowl until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in about two cup of powdered sugar.
- Beat in the maraschino cherry juice and almond extract until completely combined.
- Gradually beat in the rest of the powdered sugar, about a cup at a time.
- If your frosting is too thick, beat in additional maraschino cherry juice one teaspoon at a time.