Its that time of year. Time to watch the waistline 😦 This is one of my favorite scampi recipes.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cleaned, large deveined shrimp, patted dry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound multi-grain angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 2 cups steamed baby spinach (optional)
- Bring an 8- to 10-quart pot of salted water to boil.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat until it shimmers, then saute shrimp,turning once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Add garlic, chicken stock and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper to skillet and bring to a boil, let it reduce to 1/2 cup. Add butter and stir until melted, then remove skillet from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 6 minutes. Toss pasta in bowl with shrimp mixture, parsley and lemon zest. Squeeze lemon juice on top if desired. Place on top of steamed spinach if you’d like.
Serving Size 1/6 recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 94
Total Fat 10.4g
Saturated Fat 2.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 39.2g
Dietary Fiber 4.2g